If you are required to share the information from your database with someone but you don’t want that person to work with your database you can consider creating reports. With reports you can easily organize as well as present data in a very reader-friendly and visually appealing format. MS Access 2010 will make it very easy to create as well as customize a report by using data from any query or table in your database. You can also download Applying Hyperlinks to your Text in MS Word 2016.
MS Access 2010 lets you create the reports from tables and queries. For creating reports you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to open the table or query which you want to use in your report.
- Select the Create tab from the ribbon and then locate the Reports group.
- Now you need to click the Report command.
- MS Access will create a new report based on your object.
- Some of your data may be located in the other side of the page break. In order to fix this you need to resize the fields.
- Select the field and then click and drag its edge till the field is of the desired size.
- Repeat with additional fields until all your fields fit.
- For saving your reports you need to click the Save command on the Quick Access toolbar.
- Whenever prompted you need to type a name for your report and after that click OK.
You may find out that your report has got some fields which you don’t want to view so you need to delete the fields. For deleting the fields you are required to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click any cell in the field which you want to delete.
- Now press the Delete key for deleting the required fields.