Windows 10 is the latest operating system from Microsoft and it has enhanced the user experience to great degree. Cortana has been found as a very handy feature for searching on the web, showing notifications and then setting calendar reminders along with its other specialities. But there are people who are very concious about the security might be wary about what the AI assisistant is learning about you. Disabling Cortana was not a big issue prior to the recent Windows 10 Anniversary updateas you need to just toggle the switch for disabling Cortana but after this update Windows 10 has made it almost impossible to do so. Below is a tutorial by which you can fix this issue in Windows 10 Pro and Home. You can also learn How to Activate Parental Control in Windows 10. Now for turning OFF the cortana you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to open the regedit the registry editor from the search box on the task bar.
- Now you need to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search
- But Windows Search is not necessarily present and if not then you need to create it.
- For that you need to right click the Windows folder and select New>Key and then call it Windows Search.
- Now right click Windows Search and select New>DWORD (32 Bit Value).
- Name the DWORD “AllowCortana” and then click it and make sure the value is “0.”
- Now restart the computer and Cortana will be replaced with a regular search bar.
- With these simple steps you will be able to disable Cortana in Windows 10.