For using the Google Drive you are required to have a Google Account. Making an account in Google is absolutely free and signing up is very easy and simple. For creating a Google account you are required to enter some information which includes name, brith place and your location. By creating a Google account, your Gmail email address and Google+ profile will automatically be created.
Creating a Google Account:
- For creating a Google account you need to go to www.google.com. Now you need to locate and select Sign in button in the top right corner of the page.
- Now you need to click on Create an account.
- After this a sign-up form will appear. You need to follow the directions and enter the required information.
- Now you are required to enter your phone number. Google will send verification code to your phone that you will use complete sign up process.
- Now you need to enter the verification code which is sent to your phone and then click Verify.
- Now a personal information page will appear. You are required to follow the irections and enter your information which includes your birth date and gender.
- Now you account has been created.
Accessing Google Drive:
Once you have set up your Google account, you can access Google Drive by going to http://drive.google.com in your web browser.
You can also access Google Drive from any Google page by selecting grid icon near the top right corner and after that clicking Drive.
Google Drive interface
Your Google Drive will be empty at the start but as you begin to upload and create the files you will require to know how to view, manage as well as organize them in the interface.