MS PowerPoint lets you insert the video onto your slide and then play it during your presentation. With this you can make your presentation engaging as well as impressive. The videos can be edited within PowerPoint and can customize it’s appearance.
Insert a video from a file:
With the following steps you will be able to insert a video from a file
- First of all you meed to click the Video drop down arrow from Insert tab. After this you need to select Video on My PC.
- Now locate and then select the desired video file and after that click Insert.
- The video will be added to the slide.
To Insert an Online Video:
There are many online video portals like YouTube that allows you to embed videos into your slides. An embedded video will be hosted on its original website which means the video itself will not be added to your file. With embedding you can reduce the file suze of your presentation but youa re requried to be connected with the Internet for the video to play.
Working with the videos
To preview a video:
- First of all click on a video in order to select it.
- Now click the Play/Pause button below the video. The video will begin playing and the timeline which is next to the Play/Pause button will start advancing.
- In order to jump to a different part of the video you need to click anywhere on the timeline.
To Resize a Video:
- First of all click and drag the corner sizing handles until the video is of desired size.
To Move a Video
- For moving a video you need to click and drag to move a video to anew location on a slide.
To Delete a Video
- For deleting a video you need to select the video you want to delete and then press Backspace or delete key on your keyboard.
Editing and Formatting Videos
To trim a video
- First of all you need to select the video and then click the Playback tab on the Ribbon.
- Now click the Trim Video command.
- Now a dialog box will appear. You need to use the green handle to set the start time and the red handle to set the end time.
- To preview the video you are required t click the Play button.
- When you have completed the trimming process on the video click OK.
Add a Fade in Fade out:
- Locate the Fade In: and Fade Out: fields on the Playback tab.
- Now you need to type the desired values or use the up and down arrows in order to adjust the fade times.
To Add a Bookmark
- First of all click the timeline to locate the desired part of the video.
- Now from the Playback tab you need to click the Add Bookmark command.
- The bookmark will appear on the timeline. Now click the bookmark to jump to that location.